Labels

Sunday 27 January 2013

BA5 - Troubleshooting

Having now finished my animations, I've started importing. Immediately I ran into a snag in regards to the consistency of sprite placement, as Stencyl doesn't allow you to redefine character borders. As far as I can tell, having character borders below your character mean that it includes these borders within the character's animations, even if the excess area is transparent. While I could work around this easily if it was the only problem, Stencyl also disagrees with animations that are of a 'different size'. For example, my dashing seed has a couple of frames wherein it is wider than the rest of the images. If I were to make my image size bigger to accomodate that, it would cause issues with centering and collison detection, as noted here:


It is very irritating.

No comments:

Post a Comment