Labels

Tuesday 15 January 2013

BA5 - Animation Pains

Have been struggling with the ins and outs of animation. Thus far, I've managed to put together a few poses and determined a vague order, though I've yet to test it in game. Now I've started trying to get opses and motion into my character, I've begun to feel very intimidating by the GameSalad and Stencyl engines. I have no inclination towards either but Stina seems to feel more at home with Stencyl, so I took a look into a quick interactive tutorial. It's complex on the surface, to say the least.


I also looked into some more animation tutorials, specifically for upright/humanoid movement. I wanted to keep whatever I did simplified from a human walk, though, as a realistic human walk has so many nuances in order to make it believable.

Animation Careers: How to.

From the above video I took to heart the concept of tracing over previous drawings in order to keep the artwork consistent, and also added some extra poses to my walk.



1 comment:

  1. Well, there are many resources on the net, but it's hard to decide which one to choose among them. Your experiences and shared links helped me to have at least a path to follow, so thank you for your shares, it is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete