Labels

Tuesday 5 February 2013

Swimming seedling.

Concepted a swimming type seedling for our game design document. This won't make it into the game (as with the dandelion seed), but it's relevant for our game design.

I actually got inspiration from the idea thanks to Amazon's 'recommended for you' sections. Having been looking at plantlife and seeds for a while, I'd been seeing similar things in my recommended section. This particular link caught my eye:


While the item itself got terrible reviews, I googled the concept and came across these:


To me, the seed shoots looked like tadpoles. I liked the idea, but wanted to change it up a bit as my last design involved thin, seed shoots. So I began looking at fish fins, sticking to the idea of aquatics.






I didn't want to go overboard with the billowing, expansive designs so I took the idea of a fish fin and condensed it slightly.

I came up with these designs, attaching the seed shape I had developed to the idea of a flowing, aquatic creature.


No comments:

Post a Comment